I (with my group) just finished the Giver. This was my second time reading it after I read as a read-aloud in 5th grade. I remember being completely intrigued with it, but I had not fully understood the ideas, and wrangled with some of the concepts in it. I thought is was such a good science-fiction book, and it soooo different from original sci-fi books, it really caught my attention.
And now, re-reading it, was able to comprehend it better. I think in terms of re-reading thing, age matters the most, because it allows you to grasp the mental concepts that it deals with, and I gave myself real plaudits for re-reading it with a better mind of the things it deals with. And some ideas I really hovered over, trying to get the concept.
The Giver really describes what's wrong with distopias, and utopias. But in very strange way, Lowis Loury is an amasing writer, and can connect with so many things in the world, and really put them in your mind to think about, and I like that.
No comments:
Post a Comment