Wow, I mean this is great. There are sooooo many things going on in The Hunger Games, that even when I sort-of don't get something, I still read on. And it relates to the Giver by having a big utopia, surrounded by many little dystopias. It has that sense of evil, with good, and evil is winning. The utopia is trying to keep everything under control, but when one person does something bad, evrything goes wrong.
When Katniss (the main character) was at the end of the Hunger Games, it was her, and a boy (Peeta). She didn't want her, or Peeta to die (because there could be only one winner) so she defies the Capitol, and says they both have to commit suicide at the same time. And the Capitol really doesn't like that, and now, they hate Katniss.
But i mean, Who can get mad over that? I guess it's just a "super-control" utopia-dystopia thing. And that is also related to the Giver; they want to control everything to the maximum. They make color, animals, weather, feelings, and evrything else obsolete. They choose your spouse, and children for you, and your job! its too, controled.
i love the title of this post, Eddie!
ReplyDelete