Sunday, March 20, 2011

My Revised Blog (yaaaaaaa!)

Yesterday, I finished another book; it’s called Incarceron, by Katherine Fisher. The book’s set in the future, and they are way ahead of us in technologies, but there world is under ‘protocol, and there is no electricity allowed, so everyone lives in a Victorian life-style. There is also a prison (it’s supposed to be another world), that is supposedly ‘living’, and it was created to be a ‘paradise’ and a ‘haven’ from the outside world, but it isn’t; crime and darkness fills the prison, and controls everything. And of course there’s one guy who wants to escape, and so he goes on this big journey, etc. But any way, the book is great, and I would advise anyone my age, or even a little older to read it. (She just made the second book, and I’m reading it now)
            But the book made me think about how our world is controlled, and how happy I am to not be under protocol, it really says something about our freedom, and our own natural rights. I couldn’t imagine being in either world, in the ‘real’ world, I’m ruled under protocol, and live a very strict life, and in the other, there’s just death, and despair, and everyone is sad and hopeless. I am starting to wonder if all of the ‘bad’ laws that we hate, are actually good, in the sense of we still have freedom. We still have a beautiful earth, with the sun, moon and stars (in the prison, there is just ‘lights on’ and ‘lights off’). We get to go out to the park, and just play whenever we want, we can go online and talk to friend, or just surf the web. We can play videogames, and watch TV and movies for as long as we want, we can go out and order whatever food we want, whenever. We have so much freedom, and we still don’t acknowledge it, and we take most of it for granted. We get to haves pets, and friends, and surround ourselves in freedom, and we are able to just live. Although we do have restrains, it keeps everything in balance; because without laws, there would be complete anarchy (and that wouldn’t be very good)
            I guess Incarceron made me think about how we really ‘live’ our lives and those un-tangible things we take for granted. We even live in one of the most ‘free’ countries; America, I mean our anthem even says; “The land of the free, the home of the brave”. And in most Middle-Eastern countries, women can’t show any of their skin in public, compared to the U.S. women here wear t-shits, and shorts, and skirts, and show skin, if that isn’t freedom, then what is? Even if we have laws, and restraints, we are free no matter what, we can do almost anything we want, I could go outside in just my boxers (mind you, I would never actually do it) and people would think I’m crazy and avoid me, but I could do it! We even have ‘freedom of speech’ now I know it has created some controversy, but we have it, we are free, and happy!
Poetry:
            I don’t know a lot about poetry, or what it is, but I have written it. I don’t ‘love’ it, but I don’t detest it either. If I had to define what poetry is, it would be a little something like this; “A form of short-based writing to express feelings/emotions in a very artistic sense for many to perceive in there own way”
            Poetry is many things; it is happy, sad, mixed, disturbed, and generally complicated, people even write it in different ways; haiku, prose, and rhyming. And of course, everyone can make sense of any poem in their own way. Writers write about anything, from animals, to leaves, and can make it simple, to very complex. I am not to keen on exploring poetry that much this year, but I think 8th grade has much to offer.
(P.S. because I revised this after the poetry study, I can say that enjoyed the whole study, and got in touch with my inner ‘poetry writer’)

If you want to see the original post of this one, click here!

No comments:

Post a Comment